Tuesday, December 15, 2009

21 Days Closer to Christ- Day 2


Today I read about The Last Supper and Jesus washing the feet of the deciples. He shows us such an example of love and service in this story. To wash the filthy (I would assume) feet of these men knowing that one would betray him and that he was going to be sacrificing so much more for them and people for generations to come. The magnitude of Jesus Christs actions never cease to touch my heart.

The assignment is to go through today and find ways to have Christ with you always. I have been for a long time now trying to make sure I pray during quiet moments. Driving in the car (something I do often especially living out in the sticks) I always try to say a little prayer for our safety and just to feel a little closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I also have been trying to be an example of kindness. I think those things can invite the spirit into my life and my home daily. I know it's only day two but I'm feeling like I'm getting into the swing of this and am really going to enjoy the next 19 days!

No comments: