Wednesday, December 16, 2009

21 Days Closer to Christ: Day 3


Today's reading was talking about keeping journals as a way to record your life experiences as well as how your faith has helped you. This is not the first time (especially lately) that I've had counsel to write in a journal. I am not a good journal keeper but am going to make an effort for my children and grandchildren.

The "assignment" is to write down your testimony of Christ. I think this is as good a place as any. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that he sacrificed his life for me as much as anyone else so that we could one day return to our Father in Heaven again. I have seen many miracles in my life (especially recently) and I know it is because of my Faith in Christ that my little family was blessed with these miracles. I am so grateful to have a loving Savior who made up for my short comings. What an amazing thing it is to have Faith.

Today's scripture reading was in the Book of Mormon. It is actually one of my favorite passages in the Book of Mormon so I thought I would share it here. It is 2 Nephi 25: 21-26
21. Wherefore, for this cause hath the Lord God promised unto me that these things which I write shall be kept and preserved, and handed down unto my seed, from generation to generation, that the promise may be fulfilled unto Joseph, that his seed should never perish as long as the earth should stand.
22. Wherefore, these things shall go from generation to generation as long as the earth shall stand: and they shall go according to the will and pleasure of God: and the nations who shall possess them shall be judged of them according to the words which are written.
23. For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children and also our brethren to believe in Christ and to be reconciled to God: for we know that it is by grace we are saved after all we can do.
24. And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ we keep the law of Moses and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.
25. For, for this end was the law given: wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith yet we keep the law because of the commandments.
26. And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ we prophesy of Christ and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

For those of my friends and loved ones that may not appreciate my beliefs or understand them. My intent is not to offend you. I hope you will continue to check back from time to time as I am still going to be posting the goings on of our family. But throughout the next couple of weeks I will also be posting these little "journal" entries for my own spiritual uplift. I

No comments: