Monday, January 11, 2010

B A L A N C E


I've been thinking a lot these first 11 days of 2010 about what I want to accomplish more than anything. I don't really believe in making New Year's Resolutions because like most people I always break them and don't want to set myself up for failure. But one thing I've been thinking a lot about is balance.

Last Thursday we had an amazing relief society meeting. It was several speakers who were teaching us how we can fill our cups this year! All of the topics touched me. One was on journal writing, one was on fitness and one was on finding balance. I kept having the same thing come to my mind throughout the balance talk and decided that this was the whispering of the spirit teaching me what I need to work on this year. I don't have a terribly hard time finding balance in my life for the most part. I don't feel too overwhelmed with taking care of Oliver and keeping up the house etc. What kept coming to my mind is a different kind of balance. Some of you may know this and some may not. I have left Oliver very few times in his 2 years of life. Short trips to the grocery store are pretty much it. Mostly because since we've been in Arizona we haven't had many friends and Berto was working nights so I didn't have much of a reason to. I can see how my marriage could be much better if we had an evening out away from Oliver from time to time. I can also see how I would feel rejuvinated by taking a couple of hours for myself every now and then. This is a big step for me. My goal with balance is to have a more balanced life by getting a baby sitter and going out to dinner with my husband or going to a movie for myself.

I've already taken a step in the right direction. My mom and I went to see New Moon last friday! (loved it by the way) And had a great time.. AND Oliver survived 4 hours without me! This is going to be a work in progress for me but I am aware of it and it is my goal to help me be a better wife and mom by finding this balance in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds great!!! I'm going to force myself to get out no matter how hard it is with four. Us moms really need mom time. Next step...a night away. lol. ok...i won't push it. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great goal! I think that you will find that your little man will also benefit from this too.