Friday, January 22, 2010

Oliver's Room




I've been itching to do something with those four white walls in Oliver's room since we moved in! Decorating was not in the budget so I had to get creative! I think it's starting to come together really cute! It started last weekend I got the idea to print out some pictures of the Disney Cars, cars! I found some awesome ones! I printed a couple out on our computer and they looked so cute that this week I decided to print out a ton more! I mounted them on card stock to add color and to save money because frames were also not in the budget! :) I also got the idea to put up some "road signs" on the wall. I was racking my brain trying to think of what to do and then I remembered I had a ton of scrapbook paper and lettering and I really don't scrapbook anymore! I had the perfect letters they look like tire marks! So cute! Anyway, so I created a bunch of road signs and stuck them up on the wall! Then I used the scraps of checkered fabric from the blanket my mom and I made him a few months ago for the border on the wall! I also added a stop light just for fun! I think it turned out really cute! I am happy with it! And I've only spent $6.22!! It's not amazing but good enough for a two year old who will probably get into something different soon and I won't have to worry about having spent millions of dollars on his room! :)

Oliver keeps dragging us into his room and saying "ta da" and then pointing out and naming every car on his wall! I love it! I think he likes it!

4 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

This is so adorable! What a fun room for Oliver. You are so creative. You also find FANTASTIC websites. I can't wait to order the Gospel ABC's and get ideas for cute crafts as Eleanor grows. What a fun mom you are!

Anonymous said...

I love the border, so cute.

The Parkers said...

Love it Elizabeth!!! You are such a good DIY'er!!! You should add some felt cars to the walls too... Oliver would love it!!

Elizabeth & Roberto said...

Thanks Guys! Katrina I LOVE the felt cars idea! I'm going to have to get on that! There is still another entire wall I need to get going on!