Thursday, February 12, 2009

15 Month Stats

So Oliver had his 15 month check up. I can't believe he's already 15 months old. Where does the time go? It was a good check up! He's maintaining his big size and has been consistently in the 90-95th percentiles for height and the 95-100th for weight! We had a good visit with his AMAZING pediatrician yesterday. Our ped in CA used to drive me crazy because she would try to tell me I over feed Oliver because he's so big. Well that is NOT the case, in fact I am constantly concerned that he isn't eating quite enough... but he continues to gain weight so I guess I shouldn't worry. Anyway, Dr. Garcia agrees with me that Oliver is not really fat he's just a very solid kid. It was just nice to have the reassurance from the doctor you know?! Anyway, during the visit Oliver amazed her. For about a month now he's been very interested in coloring and using pens and "drawing." Well, when she came into the exam room she set her pen down on the table and he started reaching for it. The pen was next to Oliver's sippy cup and she assumed that's what he was reaching for and handed it to him. He continued to motion for the pen and so I told her he was probably actually reaching for her pen. She was astounded that he even knew what it was. So she proceeded to hand him the pen and turn over his chart so he could draw on the back. Well, she told me she things Oliver is the most advanced 15 month old she's ever seen. And she's not a new doctor. I thought that was pretty cool. I have always thought Oliver was a little advanced and have often thought I'm in trouble when he's older. But I thought that was quite a statement coming from the doctor. All in all we had an excellent visit yesterday!

Here are his stats: (you are going to be shocked and amazed.. lol)

Height 2' 9" (or 33 inches) between the 90th and the 95th percentiles
Weight: 36 lbs between the 95th and the 100th percentiles
Head Circum. 47 cm between the 25th and the 50th percentiles... I guess Oliver has a freakishly small head! Just Kidding! =) To me it looks big but I guess not!

Thanks for letting me brag once again about my baby boy!

No comments: