Monday, March 30, 2009

My Little Tender Hearted Boy

So last Friday (I've been meaning to post this for a few days now) after I let my neighbors dog out and fed him lunch. I went over to the park across the street and picked up Oliver (who was playing with Tito and Tita) and headed off to the Super Walmart. He wanted to take with him a little truck that he had been using to dig in the sand. It was no big deal so I tossed him in the carseat and off we went. While we were on our way I happened to look in the rearview mirror to see him with part of the truck in his mouth. (YUCK) Since it had just been in the nasty sand at the park I was totally disgusted. I started telling him that he needed to take the truck out of his mouth. (I used less words though). After several no's and stops he was not listening so I raised my voice and got very stern with him. He finally listedned and actually dropped the truck on the floor of the car. A second later I look back again and his face is bright red and tears are streeming down his face but he's not making a peep. It all but broke my heart to watch him. He showed such a tender side of himself. I really felt so bad, but I'm glad he is starting to understand more and realize there are consequences to his actions. It was a learning moment for both of us but it still seriously made me want to cry too....

1 comment:

Team Hansen said...

"stern" is how I almost entirely communicate with Stone... not really bit it seems like it. At least you know he gets the message.