Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sleepy Head...



So today was kind of a wacky day. Oliver decided he needed to wake up at 5:30 am (yuck). Also, my sister in law and niece flew in from Spain last night so Oliver has been busy playing with his older cousin Vandana. I also took him for a haircut and when we got back (right at naptime) we decided to hop in the car and go to the store with my mother in law, father in law, sister in law and niece. Oliver dozed off in the car during the five minute drive there and I woke him up when we got to the store because I wanted him to take a nap in his bed when we got home. Well that didn't happen. Apparently his five minute nap was enough of to keep him going. Well, we had a birthday party to go to for our neighbors son. Oliver was needless to say CRANKY and only wanted to go outside in the blazing 104 degree heat. So he had many a meltdown during the hour we lasted at the party. We came home and I turned on the Lion King his current favorite flick and pumped him full of water, ice and yogurt. (the water and ice were for the heat and the yogurt was to fill his tummy since he refused to eat dinner while we were at the party). Anyway, once he had calmed down had a little snack and cooled off we were up to the bath tub. Once we finished that I had him on the changing table and was doing our usual routine of toothbrushing, lotion, diaper and pj's. Well before I even got his pajama shorts pulled up he was fast asleep. This is quite unusual for my little one. He's never been easy to put down to sleep. I even put his shorts the rest of the way, his t-shirt and moved him onto his bed without him even stirring... now it's only 7:06 pm and that is quite an early bedtime... I'm really hoping we don't have another 5:30 am wake up call I was really trying to get him to stay awake at lest until 7:00 pm... he made it to 10 till. I felt so bad that he was THAT tired. Too funny though!

No comments: